The TikTok Creator Fund offers an opportunity for creators to monetize their content on the platform. While not a traditional ad revenue-sharing program like other platforms, it allows TikTok to share earnings with creators who are making a significant impact. If you’re interested in joining the TikTok Creator Fund, here’s a step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Meet the Requirements
Before you can apply to the TikTok Creator Fund, you need to meet certain criteria:
- Have a Pro Account: If you’re not already using a Pro account, switch to one. This is a straightforward process and provides you with access to creator tools and analytics.
- Minimum 10,000 Followers: You need at least 10,000 followers on your TikTok account to be eligible for the Creator Fund.
- 100,000 Views in the Last 30 Days: Your videos must have accumulated at least 100,000 views in the past 30 days.
- Age Requirement: You need to be 18 years old or older to participate.
- Adherence to Guidelines: Your videos must comply with TikTok’s community guidelines and terms of service.
- Original Content: To make money from the Fund, you should be creating original content.
Step 2: Apply for the Creator Fund
Once you meet the requirements, you can proceed to apply for the TikTok Creator Fund:
- Access Your Profile: Open the TikTok app and go to your profile by tapping on “Me.”
- Access Account Management: Tap the three lines at the top right corner of your profile to open the menu. Then click on “Manage Account.”
- Switch to Pro Account: Under “Account Control,” select “Switch to Pro Account.” You’ll have the option to choose either a “Creator” or “Business” account under the “Pro” category.
- Enable Creator Tools: Go to “Settings and Privacy,” then click on “Creator tools.” Here, you’ll find the option for “TikTok Creator Fund.”
- Confirm Your Age: TikTok will require you to confirm that you’re over 18 years old.
- Submit Your Application: Complete the application process by providing any necessary information and submitting your application.
Step 3: Await Approval
After submitting your application, TikTok will review it and decide whether to approve your participation in the Creator Fund. If your application is accepted, you’ll be notified by TikTok.
Rejections and Reapplication
In case your application is rejected, you can apply again after 30 days. Use this time to improve your content and ensure it aligns with TikTok’s guidelines.
While TikTok has been secretive about its payout structure, creators can earn from the TikTok Creator Fund based on factors like views, engagement, and region-specific performance. Payouts are generally estimated to range between 2 and 4 cents for every 1,000 views.
The TikTok Creator Fund provides a way for creators to earn money from their content. By following the requirements and guidelines, creators can potentially generate income while continuing to create engaging and original content for their audience.