Overall, females compose 50.7% of the population and males 49.3%, giving a national sex ratio of 97 males for each 100 females.
This is after the successful 2021 Population and Housing Census.
What this implies is that, the Country has seen a 6.1 million increase rate in population from that of 2010 which was at 24.7 million.
Delivering the 2021 Population and Housing Preliminary Report on the Census on Wednesday, September 22, Chief Census Officer who is additionally the government Statistician, Prof. Samuel Kobina Anim said these statistics have shown a rise within the country’s population by five-folds and indicated that the ultimate figure to be release next month wouldn’t see an enormous variation in number.
Below are some highlights of the provisional results
- Ghana’s population figure from the 2021 PHC is 30.8 million.
- The population has grown almost fivefold since the primary post-independence census was conducted in 1960.
Ghana’s population is growing, but at a declining rate compared with previous censuses.
- Females structure a greater proportion of the population within the 2021 PHC as has been the trend for the past four censuses. They outnumber males in 10 out of the 16 regions.
- Greater Accra has overtaken Ashanti because the nation’s most populous region.
Ahafo has replaced Upper West because the nation’s least populous region.
- Average household size, which has been on the decline since 2000, is 3.6 members.
Out of the ten .7 million structures listed, 20% were metal containers, kiosks, and wooden structures.
- One out of each five of the structures listed wasn’t fully completed.
- The information on structure usage indicated six out of each 10 structures were for residential use.
Source: Tv3 News
Medikal remanded to prison custody for 5 days
Hiplife artiste, Samuel Frimpong, famously known as Medikal, has been remanded to jail authority for five days.
This was the decision of a Circuit Court judge in Accra on October 22, 2021, on the artiste’s first appearance in court for waving a weapon.
Medikal, who has been accused of show of arms and ammo, argued not blameworthy to the charge.
At the consultation on Friday, counsel for the Ghanaian rapper, Emmanuel Yeboah Gyan, asked the court to concede his customer bail as he is a decent resident and had family on reserve to meet the bail conditions.
In any case, the arraignment went against the supplication, contending that the singular freedoms of Medikal to bail are compliant to the local area interest, which should be ensured. He further contended that pieces of the case are as yet being scrutinized.
Managing Judge, Emmanuel Esandoh, favored the indictment and remanded Medikal to the Ankaful detainment facilities in the Central Region for five days.
This comes scarcely a day after dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale, and four others were remanded into police care following a supposed weapon assault that ended up being a fabrication. Shatta Wale is additionally serving his remand at the Ankaful Prison in the Central Region.
They were remanded by an Accra Circuit Court on Thursday, October 21, 2021, during their first appearance in court.
Medikal was at the court premises to offer help to Shatta Wale.
Shatta Wale was gotten by the police for getting out bogus word about a death endeavor at his home in Accra on October 19, 2021.